The School Slam Poetry Competition!

Although this school is known for their great story writing, they are also known for brilliant Slam poetry!

The school has decided to have a school slam poetry competition for all classes to enter! Slam Poetry is poetry that gets performed to an audience such as your family, siblings, friends and more! There will be a prize for the winner.

Here are some slam poetry quotes:

Blue= Shel Silverstein,

Purple= William Shakespeare,

Aqua= Tamia, year 6!

“Listen to the mustn’ts child. Listen to the don’ts. Listen to the shouldn’t haves, the impossibles, the won’ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen child. Anything can be.” 

By Shel Silverstein

“The course of true love never did run smooth.”

By William Shakespeare

“I’m a poet who will never be shy!”

By Tamia

I hope these quotes inspired you to do Slam Poetry because they were wrote by famous people (and me)! So Get Writing! For more ideas go onto www.poetryslam.org.uk

By Tamia

2 thoughts on “The School Slam Poetry Competition!

1. The Shel Silverstein poem is my favourite I have had it on the wall in my classroom for the 8 years I have been at our school, it is inspiring and its true, so thank you Tamia for posting it on here x

2. I like Slam Poetry it’s BIG it’s loud it’s bold and I like that stuff, mostly because I want to be BIG, because I’m so tiny.