500 words story writing competition!

Did you know the world’s 500 word story writing competiton 2015 is starting soon? Well, why don’t you enter the competition then if you are really interested! BBC two radio are hosting it and you have to be at least 5 to enter and 13 years old maximum.

I was just letting you know because this school (which is very talented at story writing and poetry) are also entering it in  key stage two children, (year 3, 4, 5 and 6).

Here are the house build-up  tips to get you started;

1) create a character                                                                                            

2) describe it                                                                               

3) transform it into one story

4) does it have magical powers?

5) what is so special about it?

6) you need to have a beginning, middle and end!

7) use time connectives, punctuation and speech (if needed).

8) always count how many words you have wrote every time you write a paragraph

9) make sure you type it up

10) ask a parent to help if you are stuck!   

Quotes Lavender =Tamia,

turquoise =Michael Morpurgo

“You think it is a lot, but you do not realise how short it is!”

By Tamia

“Wherever my story takes me, however dark and difficult the theme, there is always some hope and redemption, not because readers like happy endings, but because I am an optimist at heart. I know the sun will rise in the morning, that there is a light at the end of every tunnel.”

By Michael Morpurgo

I hope all this information has inspired you to enter this famous competition so keep writing!

This entry was posted in School news. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to 500 words story writing competition!

1. Mr Edmondson says:

I’m sure many parents will be interested in this Tamia, thank you. Is there a link to the site or do you have further details on how they can enter?

2. tamia3906 says:

Unfortunately, there is not a link to the 500 words website but luckily, I have made one! http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00rfvk1

3. Taiarna says:

One day I whent to the park and I looked around me and I saw people
    coughing and snezing I could not believe my life! They looked at me as if I could help them but I touched them and they were better. They hugged me so tight in joy and thay said thank you.

4. Miss Ward says:

I’m looking forward to reading the stories. We will make a compilation to put in our library so that everyone can enjoy reading them.

5. Miss George says:

Good luck with all your entries to the 500 words challenge, can’t wait to read some of them

6. Sarah says:

I enjoyed writing my 500 word story the only problem was editing!!!

7. Mr Moore says:

The 500 Words competition is gathering momentum across KS2! I know Year 6 have some great stories and I’m looking forward to reading many more .. even yours Tamia!