Did you know the world’s 500 word story writing competiton 2015 is starting soon? Well, why don’t you enter the competition then if you are really interested! BBC two radio are hosting it and you have to be at least 5 to enter and 13 years old maximum.
I was just letting you know because this school (which is very talented at story writing and poetry) are also entering it in key stage two children, (year 3, 4, 5 and 6).
Here are the house build-up tips to get you started;
1) create a character
2) describe it
3) transform it into one story
4) does it have magical powers?
5) what is so special about it?
6) you need to have a beginning, middle and end!
7) use time connectives, punctuation and speech (if needed).
8) always count how many words you have wrote every time you write a paragraph
9) make sure you type it up
10) ask a parent to help if you are stuck!
Quotes Lavender =Tamia,
turquoise =Michael Morpurgo
“You think it is a lot, but you do not realise how short it is!”
“Wherever my story takes me, however dark and difficult the theme, there is always some hope and redemption, not because readers like happy endings, but because I am an optimist at heart. I know the sun will rise in the morning, that there is a light at the end of every tunnel.”
By Michael Morpurgo
I hope all this information has inspired you to enter this famous competition so keep writing!